10/30/06

My extra hour of "daylight"



My Extra Hour

Though I'm sure some will disagree with me -- I really hate it when we have to switch the clocks -- it leaves me and my circadian rhythms totally out of whack. Yesterday I felt really disorganized, everything was happening earlier than usual -- which of course felt like I had more time to do stuff. But then everyone in the house was turning cranky on me -- oh, that's right it's about time for lunch -- but wait, no -- oh heck fine lets do lunch. Then last night we get home from the parents house after a nice big Sunday dinner -Italian Style- and it was only quarter to six -- wow I actually had time to finish cleaning the kitchen and read, and spend time with the kids, and get everyone's jammies on {without rushing and yelling about}. And it was nice that the kids were playing nice, not arguing over who gets to play with whatever next. They were actually calm and restful and snuggley on our big bed and when it was time to hit the sack everyone agreed. Wow, I could get used to this I thought. Then I remembered, it wasn't really 9pm!! -- it was 10 pm {old time}!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I actually put them to bed waaaaaaaaaaaaaay late. great. Nice goin' mamaslack. NO wonder no ones waking up. Damn, daylight savings time.


I Question What the Heck Where Saving Here

The calendar says "daylight savings time ends" so does this mean we are back on "regular" time now? In the spring it's just as annoying. Wait--- why are we saving the daylight???? If in the fall we get that extra hour, then I guess it sounds good, in theory, but then don't we give it up in the spring? So it cancels itself out?? Why did someone think an hour of a mom's time could be so foolishly tossed up in the air for random swapping??? who???


my extra hour -- I guess I did more with the kids and photographed more pretty autumn leaves. Two things that make me pretty darn happy.

No comments:

Watercolor thank you

Still enjoying the watercolor for card makers class. Since I wasn't able to follow along each day I'm still busy practicing some of...