6/1/07

The Next "One Little Word" challenge


from that fabulous blog of the same name, is to use the word "Stop" as a starting point. I mulled it over a bit. Tossed the word around my head awhile. Then decided it was spilling out all over my thoughts. So yesterday I just had to sit to wrote it all down on paper before I forgot it all [cause I couldn't get to my pc]. A good feeling to complete some freeflowing, brainstorming type journaling.


here, the brainstorming part:

{not sure yet what part will actually be used in a layout}

may.31.2007
next journal challenge is the word "stop" over at OLW
what do i wish would stop?
what stops me?
who stops me?
what does stop mean?
when do I need to stop?
stop and smell the roses
stop and think
stop,drop,roll
stop wasting time
stop stress
stop bad habits
stop letting the weeds overtake the flowers

what needs stopping in our world?
wars
hate
hunger
homelessness
poverty
violence
child abuse
drunk driving
junk mail
{oh my gosh this list could go on and on}

Redirecting ---------

Stop is usually a good thing if your stopping something or someone that is not producing or giving you what you want or need. {but given in this manner it has a negative vibe}

But stopping to enjoy something has a positive connotation.
Stopping to relive memories
Stopping to take in a beautiful scene or sunset
Making time to stop during the stressful times, times when you need a moment to refocus on what's important.

Stop spreading hate, negativity and gossip because by not doing so you're stopping love.

Stop time so you can enjoy the moment more

{ooooh, if I had but one superpower......to stop time, or go back in time}

Yes, like in a photograph. Let the moment live on forever.
We take photos so we can capture the moment. Forever stop time for that one moment. Suspend the moment. Re-live it over and over again.
It is our super-power to stop time - in this way - sort of.

Never stop being you
Don't stop growing - learning
Never stop exploring, discovering
Never stop being a kid [inside]
Don't ever stop expressing yourself
Never stop loving or laughing
Never stop amazing me
Never stop creating
Never stop being inspired to create
Never stop loving art and its many directions
Never stop doing what you love
Never stop growing your artistic side
Stop thinking you are not good enough
You really can stop listening to those who tell you otherwise

===there was a few hours pause here===had to catch my breath

I will transcribe the rest later.

~~~~~~~~~~
6.06.07
the rest of it...

never stop wanting to do crafts with mom
never stop asking me to draw Pokemon with you
never stop chalk drawing on the driveway with me
never stop playing
never stop doodling with me
never stop reading and loving to read

stop fretting over the box top that got away
stop using my credit card
stop saving all that stuff to make stuff with {maybe this one I can't stop all together. hmm.}
stop collecting rubber and acrylic stamps {no. no. not this one}

never stop saying please and thank you
sometimes you will have to stop and say I'm sorry

things its okay not to stop.......................
recycling
reinventing
renewal
envisioning good things for the earth
reusing, conservation
reducing waste
reducing fuel consumption
renewing energy sources
praying

never stop celebrating the little things in life
don't stop celebrating the little things in life

*******
all this from just one word. "stop."
what a wonderful site for journaling inspiration!


No comments:

Watercolor thank you

Still enjoying the watercolor for card makers class. Since I wasn't able to follow along each day I'm still busy practicing some of...