For this card, the assignment was to use a stamped image as a guide for your watercoloring. My water color paper was on the thick side, 140lb and I used some new distress markers by ranger. The flower stamp is from a StampinUp set, I think no longer available, I show it in the post before this one. I didn't have the markers, so I just purchased a few in some floral-y colors. I never felt the need to have these, but I really did like working with them as watercolors.
I worked with this one little flower for a while. The trick is layers. And patience. Letting the image dry in between. Already I can tell that my comfort level with these techniques has grown.
I finished off the little square card (it's 4"x4") with a sentiment from Wplus9 Fanciful Feathers. Seriously, it took longer to make this card than my usual, but, I just love it. I've worked on some backgrounds and more flowers for now. Maybe I'll even add some leaves next time....I just wanted to keep it simple for now.
The other two cards behind it are made with some backgrounds I was playing around with a few weeks before the class started. I think it was some glimmer mist on watercolor paper that I misted some water on....I wasn't really sure I knew what I was doing, just playing. I hated it, then I took a bunched up paper towel and blotted the wet spots.....set them aside. Anyway, I think they call that a happy accident. Looking at them again this week I saw them with fresh eyes and decided to use them for cards.
Until next time...