4/15/08

Swirly Paper reminded me of Snow Flurries

















I've had very little time to blog lately, but still capturing little moments with the family with my ever present camera. Trying to keep on track with some home projects really cuts into blogging time. boohoo.

I finally was able to scrapbook a little in March. A local scrapbook store, The Paper Garden, offers its customers a monthly "page challenge" mini kit for purchase ($2.25)and then you get to play with the contents, bring it back before the end of the month and they nicely offer a 20% discount on any purchase you make that day. Oh, and then they post it up in the store. That was a thrill to see :)

These papers (red swirls and blue swirl) are from imagination project and the brown cardstock is from worldwin. The mini kit also included two pieces of ribbon that you could use on the project any way you wanted. It was really fun to use papers that someone else had chosen ---- the colors totally reminded me of hot cocoa and rosy cheeks and swirly snow flakes in the winter sky --- hence the winter day pictures that I had already taken back in Feb 07 really fit that theme. I turned one of the flowers that was cut from the blue/white swirl paper into a little embellishment by using glitter pens and glaze pens to bring out some detail. Then I used some pop-dots to "pop" it off the page a little.
Totally looking forward to coming up with something for the april page challenge. It includes papers from Webster's Pages and a chipboard letter. If you're in the Rochester area and love pretty paper you should stop into this scrapbook shop.

Hope it won't be too long before I post again :)

Later, Bye
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Collegegirl101 said...

so u came up towards brockport and didnt come see me!!!! well thats okay, because i know how busy your life has been....

Emmylou
p.s. carm looks just like his dad. its really scary!!!!!!! :)

Watercolor thank you

Still enjoying the watercolor for card makers class. Since I wasn't able to follow along each day I'm still busy practicing some of...