7/7/06

Feelin' Crafty


Some of the crafts we've been working on {below}....some were for teacher gifts, others for our yard sale, some are just funny/cute pictures. It was my first attempt at embossing with a heat gun. Its one of my new loves now. The note cards I did were for the teachers and each had a cute bug embossed in gold embossing powder. I love it when I get all the supplies out. I make such a mess -- but it all looks so beautiful to me. All that paper, ribbons, glittery stuff all over the place. Tools, brads, scraps of pretty paper.

Can't believe the kids have been out of school for two weeks already.

July and August are some of my favorite times....slower schedules, longer days, easy clothing {or less of it} more time for scrapbooking....you'd think.

So many photos....so little time.

This one of my little guy with the hat gets tagged as one of my favorites for sure. Going to go look up some of my digital kits that I have stashed {more like hoarded} in my hard drive and see what I can come up with.





I loved the idea of tags for our little oregano flower pots, one night while on a few paper/stationery websites I fell in love with an idea at "lovelymailorder" www.lovelydesign.com they have these block-style tags right on the website that actually look like shipping labels on their products. I liked how they look ultra cool/mod and sort of industrial so I went back to my software and tried a version of it that would fit the tiny pots. And there they are. The smaller tags are mine - they just say "fresh oregano" and the back says "from the garden" I layerd various circle shapes in the software, printed and cut the tags to a small size for the bags we put the pots in.

No comments:

Watercolor thank you

Still enjoying the watercolor for card makers class. Since I wasn't able to follow along each day I'm still busy practicing some of...